Address: 900 E. Fourth St.
Marshfield, WI 54449
Upcoming Events & Important Dates
- August 15—7:30am— 6:00pm 7th grade schedule pick-up
- August 16—7:00am—2:00pm 8th grade schedule pick-up
- August 17—7:00am—2:00pm 7th and 8th grade schedule pick-up
- August 18—7:30am—3:00pm Making the Move (optional)
- August 19—7:30am—12:30pm Making the Move (optional)
- August 23-25–Professional Staff Development, PLC Meetings and Preparation
- August 29—5:30pm—7:30pm—Meet & Greet
- August 29-30–Professional Staff Development, PLC Meetings and Preparation
- September 1— First Day of School
- September 5—NO SCHOOL, Labor Day
- September 21—Picture Retake Day
- October 3—NO SCHOOL for Students, Professional Staff Development Day
- October 12—3:30pm—7:30pm Parent/Teacher Conferences
- October 17-31—MMS Fall Fundraiser
- October 25—6:30pm Fall Choir Concert at MHS
- October 26—3:30pm—7:30pm Parent/Teacher Conferences
- November 3—Quarter 1 Ends
- November 4—NO SCHOOL for Students, Professional Staff Development Day
- November 7—3:30pm—7:30pm Parent/Teacher Conferences
- November 22—MMS Fall Fundraiser Delivery
- November 23-25—NO SCHOOL, Thanksgiving Break
- December 13—7:30pm Winter Orchestra Concert at MHS Auditorium
- December 19—6:30pm Winter Choir Concert at MHS Auditorium
- December 20—7:00pm Winter Band Concert at MMS Old Gym
- December 23- Jan. 1—NO SCHOOL, Winter Break
- January 2—Classes Resume
- January 18— Quarter 2 Ends
- January 23—NO SCHOOL for Students, Professional Staff Development Day
- February 8—3:30pm—7:30pm Parent/Teacher Conferences
- February 20—NO SCHOOL for Students or Staff
- March 4—Solo Ensemble
- March 17—POPS Concert
- March 24—Quarter 3 Ends
- March 27-March 31—Spring Break
- April 7—NO SCHOOL for Students, Professional Staff Development Day
- May 6—State Solo Ensemble
- May 9—7:00pm Spring Band Concert at MMS Old Gym
- May 23—7:30pm Spring Choir Concert at MHS Auditorium
- May 25—7:30pm Spring Orchestra Concert at MHS Auditorium
- May 27 – MHS Graduation at 11:00am
- May 29– NO SCHOOL, Memorial Day
- June 2—Last Day of School
MMS General Information 2022-2023
Dear MMS Families,
Below are a couple of important reminders for the 2022/2023 school year.
1.) Morning drop-off procedures: If your student is not a bus rider, please try to drop your student off at MMS around 7:30am or slightly later each day at the Door 2 Palmetto Avenue main entrance. We will have students wait outside until 7:37am each day, at which time the doors will open, and students will enter the building and go to their lockers. First hour starts at 7:45am. On inclement weather days, students will be allowed to enter the cafeteria and stay there until 7:37am each day. School breakfast eaters will be allowed in the building each day starting at 7:20am and should report to the cafeteria.
2.) Please be sure to check Skyward Family Access to ensure your family contact information is correct. You can also check Fee Management in Skyward to ensure all fees are paid.
4.) Skyward Gradebook: Our MMS teaching staff will make every effort possible to have Skyward Family Access Gradebook updated each Tuesday by 12:00pm. Please understand this will not always be possible depending on when certain assessments are assigned and collected; however, this is our building-wide goal. The purpose of this building-wide goal is to keep parents, guardians, and students abreast of academic progress in a timely manner.
5.) Dress Code: Please review our MMS Dress Code on page 16 in the assignment notebook. Also, hats and hoods will not be allowed during the school day for this school year.
As always, please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Marshfield Middle School Principal
MMS Registration Information 2022-2023
July 25, 2022
MMS Parents and Guardians,
Here are some details regarding registration/schedule pick-up for August 15, 16, or 17:
- This is for both parents/guardians and students.
- Please enter through Door 2 (Palmetto Avenue side). Staff will be there to greet and guide you.
- Please ensure your child is ready for his or her student picture.
- You will be able to pick up your child’s iPad.
- Please be prepared to pay the $35.00 fee OR provide a receipt for this fee if you paid online.
- Once pictures have been taken and you have picked up your child’s iPad, you will have the opportunity to peruse the building in order to walk through schedules, practice opening lockers, and orient yourself to the building.
August 15: 7:30am - 6:00pm (Grade 7 Students)
August 16: 7:00am - 2:00pm (Grade 8 Students)
August 17: 7:00am - 2:00pm (Grade 7 and 8 Students)
Thank you for your support. We know that the 2022-2023 school year will be an outstanding experience for our students! We look forward to seeing you soon.
Marshfield Middle School Principal
Making the Move 2022-2023
Making the Move will be on August 18 or 19.
Please check your student’s Skyward Family Access account for the date and time your student is registered. On your scheduled day, please enter the Middle School at Door #2 which is located off Palmetto Avenue. Staff will be in the lobby to meet and direct you. Only students will be given the guided tour, so parents should not plan on attending.
Meet & Greet 2022-2023
Meet & Greet –August 29, 5:30pm—7:30pm
On Monday, August 29, we will host our annual Meet & Greet from 5:30 - 7:30pm. This is an opportunity for all parents and students to meet their teachers before the beginning of the school year.
Picture Information 2022-2022
Yearbook Information 2022-2023
MARSHFIELD APPLIED PERSONALIZED LEARNING EXPERIENCE (MAPLE)
MAPLE is a new, learner-centered, parent choice program offered to 7th and 8th grade students. MAPLE courses follow the regular, advanced, and support levels like our traditional core courses (Math, English, Social Studies, Science). The instructional model is designed to meet each learner where they are and continue to help them progress. Four core teachers work together with the MAPLE students using an interdisciplinary model of instruction. For more detailed information about MAPLE, please see the brochure attached to this webpage.
PBIS stands for Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports. PBIS is a proactive approach to establishing the behavioral supports and social culture that is needed for all students in a school to achieve social, emotional and academic success.
Our core values are: Respect, Responsibility, Honesty.
- Teaching positive and acceptable behaviors
- Being proactive rather than reactive
- Using data to track behaviors and meet goals
- Creating consistent expectations and language throughout the school
- Reinforcing expectations through PBIS, students take ownership of making the Marshfield Middle School a wonderful place of learning
- Top Cat - Teacher nominated weekly, 1 student from each team that demonstrates the middle school core values
- Caught In the Act - Weekly recognition for those students “caught” performing a positive act during the school day
- Postcards – Special recognition by our staff of those students who went “above and beyond” in helping Marshfield Middle School become a great place to learn
- Quarterly Rewards –Each quarter those students who work towards following our PBIS core values are invited to participate in a special reward. Some examples include: guest speakers, color run, movie day, and the Homecoming Hustle
- Perfect Attendance - Yearly Recognition for those students who did not miss one entire day of school
Check-in, Check-out Program (CICO)
- CICO is a PBIS Tier 2 intervention program for students who may need more positive adult attention and structured feedback to be successful in school. It is very important that this is a positive experience for the student to help encourage them to make good choices.
- Goals of CICO – 1) Improve student engagement, 2) Reduce office referrals, 3) Improve academic success
- Student Cohorts – Each quarter a new cohort of students is selected to participate in CICO. Please note that students can opt-out of the program.
- Student Requirements –
- Pick up Tally Sheet every morning in the lobby.
- Have each teacher fill out and initial tally sheet (each hour every day)
- At the end of the day drop off tally sheet in the Main Office and pick up a piece of candy.
- Each student who turns in their sheet every day of the week will receive some special recognition from a school administrator or PBIS Team member.
- Staff Involvement –
- Greet the student warmly when they give you their CICO rating sheet.
- Sometime during the class period circle the rating scores, initial the sheet and give back to the student. Give a positive compliment or statement to the student when returning the slip.
- At the end of the day, each CICO student will turn in their slips to the office and receive a piece of candy as incentive to turn in their slips.
- Data Collection – Tally sheets for each student will be tracked on a digital log. At the end of the quarter we will compare student data (discipline referrals, grades, attendance) from quarters 1 & 2 with quarter 3 to see if there was improvement.
PBIS STUDENT VIDEOS: