Educational Options for students who are enrolled in the Unified School District of Marshfield that involve part-time attendance at an educational institution other than a school of the Unified School District of Marshfield:
1. Early College Credit Program (ECCP)
- High school students are allowed to take one or more courses at an institution of higher education for high school and/or college credit.
2. Part-time Open Enrollment
- Beginning in the 2018-19 school year, a pupil enrolled in a public school in the high school grades may attend public school in a nonresident school district for the purpose of taking a course offered by the nonresident school district. A pupil may attend no more than two courses at any time in nonresident school districts. Wis. Stat. 118.52
Additional educational options for Unified School District of Marshfield students residing in the District that involve full-time enrollment/attendance at a school, program or other educational institution that is not a school or instrumentality of the District include:
- Full-time open enrollment involving physical attendance in a public school of a nonresident school district.
- Participation in the State’s Special Needs Scholarship Program by students with a disability who meet the program’s specific eligibility requirements.
- Enrollment in a private school of the family’s choosing (at the family’s own cost or through the Parental Choice Program as applicable).
- Enrollment in a home-based private educational program as provided under state law.
Educational options for students who reside in the Unified School District of Marshfield but who are enrolled in and attending a private school or home-based private educational program include:
- The opportunity to attend summer school classes/programs offered in the District.
- The opportunity for private school students in the high school grades to apply for approval to take up to two courses per semester in a District school, pursuant to section 118.145(4) of the state statutes.
- The opportunity for home-based private educational program students to apply for approval to take up to two courses per semester in a District school, pursuant to section 118.53 and participate in District interscholastic athletics and other District extra-curricular activities as provided under section 118.133.
For more information about any of the educational options listed in this notice, please contact the District’s administrative office at (715) 387-1101 or the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.