Open Enrollment Information

Alternative Open Enrollment Application

  • An alternative application to the open enrollment application period must be submitted during the school year in which the pupil wants to begin attending school in the nonresident school district. If the pupil wishes to begin attending the nonresident district at the beginning of the school term in September, the parent may submit the application as early as July 1st of that year. Depending on the specific reason for the alternative application, the parent may be required to submit the application within a specified time period.

    The alternative application is available soon. The parent must specify at least one of the allowable criteria upon which the request is based and provide an explanation of the circumstances leading to the request. In some cases, the parent may be required to submit additional documents.

    Parents may apply to no more than three different nonresident school districts in a particular school year.

    If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Anne or Tacey at 387-1101, ext. 1109.