Marshfield Tiger Athletic Hall of Fame
In recognition to
Bob and Ginny Stevenson
For their generous donation to Marshfeld Schools Athletic Endowment
and to promote and support the Athletic Hall of Fame
Tiger Hall of Fame Mission Statement
The Hall of Fame awards will recognize and honor outstanding achievements of individuals, coaches and contributors to the athletic program who have promoted the growth of athletics in the Marshfield School District. The other intent of this award is to display to students and the public the athletic accomplishments of people who have been instrumental in creating an excellent athletic tradition at Marshfield High School.
Guidelines, Rights and Privileges
- Committee Configuration
- Athletic Director – Chair
- Principal or another administrator
- Head Coach of a Male Sport
- Head Coach of a Female Sport
- Tiger Booster Club President or appointed member
- Two Community members at Large
- After the first year a member of the Hall of Fame
- Committee Appointment
- The Athletic Director and High School Principal shall appoint members to the Athletic Hall of Fame committee. The members will serve three year terms and may be reappointed at the discretion of the Chair. Failure to meet with the committee on two consecutive meetings may result in removal from the committee and a new member will be appointed.
- General Function
- The general function of the committee is to govern and administer this organization within the guidelines set forth in the by-laws.
- The Athletic Hall of Fame Committee shall establish policies and procedures necessary for the proper functioning of the Marshfield School District Hall of Fame when adequate policy and procedures do not already exist within these by-laws.
- The Athletic Hall of Fame Committee will be members of the Selection Committee. The Selection Committee will consist of a total of nine members. Selection committee members must be present at the selection meeting to discuss and vote on potential Athletic Hall of Fame nominees. Nominees must receive six votes to be included in the Hall of Fame.
- Induction Qualifications
- The person must be a graduate of Marshfield High School.
- Any person who has earned at least one varsity letter while attending Marshfield High School.
- Moral character, good citizenship, and academic performance during high school and post high school years shall be a consideration.
- Nominees into the Marshfield Hall of Fame shall have graduated 10 or more years ago.
- Although athletic achievement while attending Marshfield High School is of prime importance, outstanding accomplishments after leaving Marshfield High School will also be a factor in making the selection.
- Three years must elapse after completion of their tenure as a coach in the Marshfield School District before consideration is given for selection. They must be 55 years old or older.
- They are examples of good character and citizenship.
- No member of the committee will be eligible for induction while serving on the selection committee
- Factors that will influence selection of a coach:
- Will have coached at least 10 years in the Marshfield School District
- Record while coaching in the Marshfield School District
- Contributions to their respective sport and the Marshfield athletic program
- Who have made an outstanding contribution to Marshfield Athletic Programs
- Who have made an impact on the athletic program for the Marshfield School District.
- Anyone may submit a completed nomination form to the athletic director for consideration. All nominations will remain on file for 5 years from the last nomination and after that time must be re-nominated.
- All nominations must be on file by May 31. The people that are nominating individuals shall inform those individuals of their nomination and shall be responsible for gathering information on their past achievements. They will be responsible to meet the deadlines set up by the committee.
- The Athletic Hall of Fame will have a maximum of ten inductees the first year. All the rest of the years there will be a maximum of 5 inductees.
- Once a person has been inducted:
- That membership is for life.
- Shall be introduced at a home athletic event.
- Two uniform plaques shall be awarded to honor each inductee. One plaque shall be presented to the inductee; the other plaque shall be placed on display in the Marshfield Hall of Fame.
- A lifetime gold pass to all Marshfield home athletic events, except WIAA tournament events
- Distribute Nomination Forms & Questionnaires Year round
- Collection of Information on nominees Year round
- Deadline for Nominations May 1
- HOF Selection Committee Meets May/June
- Select and Inform HOF Recipients July
- Complete information for plaque and media July
- Order plaques and awards July
- Announce award winners to the media August
- Awards Presentation Home Athletic Event
- Donors and Contributions
- The Hall of Fame Committee will set up an account with the Marshfield Tiger Booster Club for Hall of Fame donors and contributors.
- By-Law Revisions
- Amendments to the Marshfield School District Athletic Hall of Fame shall be voted upon by the Athletic Hall of Fame committee members at the selected meeting. Amendments receiving two-thirds majority votes from the eligible Athletic Hall of Fame committee members shall be adopted.
- Committee Configuration
Updated Nomination Form and Delivery method!
Please submit nomination forms online, by clicking the appropriate link below and completeling the form!