Advanced Placement at Marshfield High School
BIG CHANGES FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR and AP EXAM REGISTRATION
The College Board is changing when students will order AP Exams for the May 2020 administration. College Board research has shown that students are more engaged and likely to earn a score of 3 or higher on the AP Exam when they registered in the fall for AP Exams. Please see below for important information on what will change and what will not:
Changes for 2019-2020:
- Registration for AP Exams will occur online in October 2019 for yearlong AP classes. Second semester only AP classes will have exam registration at the beginning of second semester.
- No payment due until March 2020. Students who decide to cancel an AP Exam after November 15 will be charge a cancellation fee which is determined by the College Board.
- No pre-administration will be required, the high school will receive student ID stickers which will be placed on answer sheets.
- More instructional supports for students
- More access to AP student exam practice
Won’t change for 2019-2020 AP Exam Season:
- Cost- each AP exam for 2020 will cost $94
- Exams will be administered in the first two full weeks of May
2018 Results are here!
2018 had the most total AP students in the last five years, there were 49 more students who took an AP exam in 2018 compared to 2017
2018 had the highest number of AP students with scores of 3 or higher
2018 had 59 more exams given then 2017
MHS students continue to perform better than the Wisconsin data, 85.1% of total AP students at Marshfield HS had scores of 3+ where as Wisconsin is 69.0%
81.5% of all exams taken scored a 3 or higher!
Congratulations to Mrs. Dargenio and Mr. Reierson on being selected as the first AP educators to receive the AP Excellence in Instruction Award!
Mrs. Dargenio was recognized for her successful 97% pass rate of the 109 examinees in 2018 and Greg Reierson for the 2018 growth in exams and 82% pass rate.
Marshfield High School offers 30 Advanced Placement (AP) courses. Please see the course catalog for more information such as pre-requisites, grade level and so forth.
AP Leadership Team Members
Renae Guldan, AP Coordinator
715-387-4332 or email@example.com
Dave Roeglin, AP Administrator
715-387-8464 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dan Dargenio, AP Teacher & Team Member
715-387-8464 or email@example.com
Len Luedtke, AP Team Member
715-387-8464 or firstname.lastname@example.org
AP Art 2-D
AP Art 3-D
AP Art History
AP Computer Science A
AP Computer Science Principles
AP Human Geography/Globalization
AP English Language & Composition
AP English Literature & Composition
AP Calculus AB
AP Calculus BC
AP Music Theory
AP Environmental Science
AP Physics 1
AP Physics 2
AP Physics C: Electricity & Magnetism
AP Physics C: Mechanics
AP History of American Government & Politics
AP US History
AP European History
AP History of Government & Politics U.S.
AP World History
AP Comparative Government
AP French Language & Composition
AP German (Online Only)