Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science, University of Wisconsin Stevens Point, 1990 Master of Arts Education, Silver Lake, 1999 Master of Science in Astronomy, Swninburne University, 2005
Mr. Randy Hartwig
- 1985 Kimberly High School graduate
- Attended UW-Stevens Point 1985-90. Majored in Broadfield Natural Science with minors in biology and chemistry. Graduated December 1990.
- School District of Marshfield 1991-present.
- 1991-1994 Marshfield Junior High School: Earth Science
- 1994-2013Marshfield High School: Earth Science, Biology, Early American Studies, Astronomy (Regulars), Physics of Astronomy (Honors), Chemistry, Geology II (geomorphology) and Meteorology (Regulars and Honors).
- Department Chair, Science, 2003-2011
- 2013-present: Marshfield Middle School: 8th Grade Physical Science
- Master of Arts in Education (Teacher Leadership) Silver Lake College, 1999.
- Master of Science in Astronomy Swinburne University, Australia, 2005.
- National Board Certified Teacher, High School Science (Biology), (Science/Adolescence and Young Adulthood, 2012)
- Personal: married, 2 children.
- Coaching: I am currently the Varsity Offensive Line Coach (2010-present) and the Varsity Boys' Track and Field Head Coach (2016-present)
- In the past I have coached boys' basketball (7th and 8th grade, Freshmen, Sophomores), girls' basketball (7th grade), 7th and 8th grade Boys' Track and Field, 7th grade football and Freshmen Football.
By Thomas A. DiPrete and Claudia Buchmann
To see into the future, one needs only to look at eighth grade. If an eighth grader gets As and Bs in school, that student will likely earn a college degree. If that same eighth grader gets only Bs and Cs, college completion is unlikely.
-introduction by Jonathan Cowan, President, Third Way and Dr. Elaine C. Kamarck Resident Scholar, Third Way