What's Happening in CTE
Did you know?
- Did you know, MHS is working towards ASE Accreditation? ASE, is short for the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence. Since 1972 our independent non-profit organization has worked to improve the quality of vehicle repair and service by testing and certifying automotive professionals. Click here to learn more about ASE Certification!
- Did you know, all 6th graders in the School District of Marshfield visit Marshfield High School to learn about MHS Career and Technical Education courses and careers related to Agriculture, Business & Information Technology, Family & Consumer Sciences, and Technology & Engineering Education? Marshfield High School students enrolled in CTE classes and their teachers facilitate educational, fun, and hands-on activities for the students related to agriculture, finance, computer programming, kitchen measurement and culinary techniques, woodworking, electricity, graphics, engineering, welding, and more!
- Did you know, CTE teachers work closely with business & Industry? For example, this year, Mr. Aaron Scheuer and his Construction Capstone senior students designed and produced a lockout/tagout board to be used by employees at Masonite for training purposes. Materials for the lockout/tagout board were donated to Masonite and the high school students, with the help of their teacher, completed the assembly.
- Did you know, MMS and MHS offers many opportunities for students to demonstrate skills needed in the world-of-work through various competitions (many at the state and national level)? such as
- Future Business Leaders of America
- Family, Career and Community Leaders of America
- Future Health Professionals (HOSA)
- Finance & Investment Challenge Bowl (2019 Regional Champs!)
- and many more!
- Did you know, panels of area business professionals and students currently enrolled in career-based learning programs inform students about world-of-work trends and the benefits of being enrolled in a career-based learning program?
- Did you know, MHS Class of 2018 students earned 143 industry-recognized certificates such as Nursing Assistant, Youth Apprenticeship, Assistant Child Care Teacher, CISCO, and more? Marshfield High School is one of the top schools in the state awarding students industry-recognized certificates!